Principal’s Corner…for May 29, 2016
May 29th means that there are only a few weeks of school remaining for the 2015-16 school year. How quickly that time has passed AND how much our children have grown! It is really amazing to watch them get a little taller and, hopefully, a little smarter as the year is drawing to a close. This time of year certainly keeps us all on our toes as we ready for the close of the year.
First of all, both Sister Lorraine and I would like to thank everyone for helping to make her Golden Jubilee celebration so special. It is a blessing from God that she could share this time with all of you and she was most happy to have your presence on the occasion. God bless you all for your thoughtfulness and generosity.
As is the tradition, the “Golden Rays” will be marching in the East Rockaway Memorial Day parade this Monday. The parade begins at 10:00 AM on Main Street and moves along Ocean Avenue, Centre Avenue and finally onto Atlantic Avenue. Be sure to cheer all the folks in our local parade as we honor all who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
Here’s a look at what’s happening this week:
- Monday – Memorial Day; No school; East Rockaway Parade @ 10:00 AM
- Tuesday – (School Golf Outing) NO DELI SANDWICHES; Junior Art Club ending pizza party for all participants(K-8); Parish Children’s Choir from 5-6 PM in the auditorium
- Wednesday – Final Hot Dog day of the year; Spirit softball vs. St. William the Abbot after school
- Thursday – NYS Science Performance Test for Grade 4; Hot pretzels at lunch; Math Enrichment for Grade 8 at lunchtime; Chess Club after school; Spirit Night for Grades 7-8
- Friday - NYS Science Performance Test for Grade 8; Bagel day
- Saturday – Final “Holy Bowlers” for the year
Enjoy the warm weather, but remember the sunscreen!